Here’s a short video of my first few runs with the new Monster Beetle. It’s running with an original body from a 58060, but the chassis is the re-release. It’s running with the stock electrics, a Futaba S3305 servo, and Futaba R203GF receiver. Enjoy!
In the previous three posts I went through the assembly of the chassis, the gearboxes, and attaching the gearboxes to the chassis. In this post, I am going to build the body and finish things up. Unfortunately I did not document the process of painting and decaling. I’m going to [more]
The chassis was assembled in Step 1 and the transmissions were built in Part 2, and now it’s time to work on the suspension and get everything mounted to the chassis. This post will bring us right through to the start of the body.
With the re-release of the Tamiya Monster Beetle coming up, I’ve been thinking a lot about the year I got my first one. I had just been introduced to hobby-grade RC cars in the summer of 1989 when a friend of mine got a Nichimo Spirit FF for his birthday. I [more]
I saw these parts on Tower Hobbies while searching for Stampede hop-ups and knew these were an insta-buy. They were out of stock at the time, so I checked back a few days later and was able to order them. They are the perfect match for the Raptor-Pede.
In the first part of this series of posts, I built the chassis. In this part of the build, I’m starting work on the transmissions.
This is going to be the first of a series of posts documenting my build of the Tamiya Super Clodbuster. I bought my first Clod used back in the early nineties, so this is my first official right-out-of-the-box build of a stock Clodbuster.